Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Rescued Puppies Need a Home

Our friend Estelle Mack is a committed and fearless rescuer who often helps dogs in extreme conditions. She found and rescued Otis, our "No More Chains" poster dog, in the Third Ward with a chain embedded in his neck. She recently rescued two puppies and we want to share her story and help her find homes for the pups.



URGENT: PUPPIES HANSEL & GRETEL NEED NO-KILL RESCUE ASAP--These two adorable puppies were found in a seedy apartment complex's parking lot left to fend for themselves. The maintenance man sought my help as I was walking my dogs around the park and although I have no funds left and no room in my already full town home, I simply couldn't turn my back on these poor defenseless souls knowing what their fate would be if animal control were to be called. Both 9-week old pups were infested with fleas and malnourished but that doesn’t deter them from romping around on my patio with bounds of energy. Both pups are as sweet and playful as can be.

They have been to the vet and have received their first set of puppy vaccinations, the intranasal bordetella vaccine, and capstar to get rid of the fleas that were plaguing them. The skin scrape showed there was no demodectic nor sarcoptic mange but they might have ringworm for which they are both being treated. They are in the process of being dewormed. Since I am strapped financially, I have set up a chip-in in both Hansel and Gretel's names which will be coming along with them to any reputable no-kill rescue group that can take them in. Hopefully, there will be enough to cover the 2nd and 3rd rounds of shots, treatment for ringworm if the prescribed medicated shampoo doesn't do the trick, spaying and neutering for both as well as microchipping and other expenses your no-kill rescue would incur.

Please help me show sweet furry babies Hansel and Gretel that not all humankind is cruel. Time is of the essence; I am leaving on vacation next week and have nowhere to take them (I am already boarding two rescue dogs that are yet to be adopted) and I can't bear the thought of having to take them to the SPCA or BARC where their fate would be terribly uncertain. Thank you for your consideration. Please email me at estelle.mack@me.com or call (713) 927-3985. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment